Hey, we talk about space and spacecrafts in this episode!
NASA operators need to look at telemetry data coming from spacecrafts to make sense of what is happening in our skies. Super fascinating topic.
On the show we talk about the project, the process for NASA data collection and analysis, and how to write code that goes into space!
You can find the transcript for this episode here. Enjoy the show.
This episode of Data Stories is sponsored by Quadrigram, a web based application designed to bring data stories to life. With Quadrigram you can create and share interactive data stories without the need of any coding skills.
- Rachel Binx: http://rachelbinx.com/
- NASA JPL: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/
- Design notes on the Vortex project: http://rachelbinx.com/Vortex
- Sommer, Robin, and Vern Paxson. “Outside the closed world: On using machine learning for network intrusion detection.” Security and Privacy (SP), 2010 IEEE Symposium on. IEEE, 2010.
- Rachel’s Project on MTV Music Awards w/ Stamen: http://rachelbinx.com/2012-MTV-Video-Music-Awards
- React.js https://facebook.github.io/react/
Dealing with time / Moment.js http://momentjs.com/