[If you benefit from Data Stories, consider becoming a supporter on Patreon or making a one-time donation to us on Paypal. We fully depend on listener support to keep the show running!]
It was a great week in Berlin! Info+ and IEEE VIS took place at the same time and both Enrico and Moritz were there to document the conferences. We also organized a super fun Data Stories listeners meetup — more on that to come!
This week, our friends Jessica Hullman and Robert Kosara join Enrico to comment on their greatest highlights from IEEE VIS.
We discuss a handful of IEEE VIS events and then spotlight a few projects and papers that we especially liked. As usual, this is just a very thin slice of the conference offerings. There is much more to discover from the program!
Find links below to all the projects that we discuss on the show.
- Vis in Practice
- VisComm Workshop
- Formalizing Visualization Design Knowledge as Constraints: Actionable and Extensible Models in Draco
- Design Exposition with Literate Visualization
- Seq2Seq-Vis: A Visual Debugging Tool for Sequence to Sequence Models
- RuleMatrix: Visualizing and Understanding Classifiers with Rules
- Charticulator: Interactive Construction of Bespoke Chart Layouts
- What Do We Talk About When We Talk About Dashboards?
- Face to Face: Evaluating Visual Comparison
- FiberClay: Sculpting Three Dimensional Trajectories to Reveal Structural Insights
- Information Olfactation: Harnessing Scent to Convey Data