Hey all, we are back!
In this episode, we have Amanda Makulec to catch up on what happened during this whole period of time.
Amanda is a public health and data visualization expert and she is the Executive Director of the Data Visualization Society.
In the episode, we talk about the Data Visualization Society, the new Information is Beautiful Awards (now organized by the DVS team), and how visualization has evolved lately.
- WHO Data Design Language
- Climate & Conflict Analysis for German Foreign Office
- Enrico’s FILWD Newsletter
- Frank Elavsky (A11y work in vis)
- Uncertainty visualization work (Jessica Hullman and Matthew Kay)
- Data Humanism (Giorgia Lupi)
- Moritz’s keynote at EUROVIS
- Crystal Lee’s work on how vis is used for covid19 communication
- Why Shouldn’t All Charts Be Scatter Plots? Beyond Precision-Driven Visualizations
- Joss Fong’s Automating Bias
- Warming stripes
Remember: our podcast is listener-supported, please consider making a donation! Using Patreon or Paypal. Thanks 🙂