This week we have David Robinson on the show to talk about data science, in particular the role of data visualization in data science. David is Chief Scientist at Data Camp and author of multiple data science books and R packages. He also writes a great blog called “Variance Explained.”
On the show we talk about visualization as a data analysis tool, the problem of validation in exploratory data analysis, and David’s opinion on programming versus GUI interfaces. Also, don’t miss his great advice — and very generous offer! — on how to get started in data science!
Enjoy the show!
- David Robinson
- David’s blog Variance Explained
- Data Camp
- Analyzing networks of characters in ‘Love Actually’
- Using and Abusing Data Visualization: Anscombe’s Quartet and Cheating Bonferroni
- Advice to aspiring data scientists: start a blog
- David Robinson on Twitter
- Introduction to the Tidyverse course