We have our friend Sandra Rendgen on the show to talk about the work of Edward Tufte. Tufte does not need any introductions of course. We discuss his early works and efforts, all the books he published, his contribution and legacy and the influence he had on our work.
Enjoy the show!
Remember: our podcast is listener-supported, please consider making a donation! Using Patreon or Paypal. Thanks 🙂
- Impfdashboard <https://impfdashboard.de>
- Enrico’s ML vis work: Slice Lens <https://github.com/nyuvis/SliceLens>
- Observable notebooks for teaching <https://observablehq.com/collection/@nyuvis/guides-and-examples>
- Our guest: Sandra Rendgen <https://sandrarendgen.wordpress.com/>
- First book “The Visual Display of Quantitative Information” and how it influenced a lot of people <https://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/books_vdqi>
- Second book “Envisioning Information” <https://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/books_ei>
- Third book “Visual Explanations: Images and Quantities, Evidence and Narrative”<https://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/books_visex>
- Fourth book “Beautiful Evidence” <https://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/books_visex>
- Fifth book “Seeing with Fresh Eyes: Meaning, Space, Data, Truth“ <https://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/seeing-with-fresh-eyes>
- Robert Kosara’s review of Tufte’s workshops <https://eagereyes.org/criticism/edward-tufte-one-day-course>