[Thanks to our audio editor Nathan Griffiths (twitter.com/njgriffiths) for taking care of this episode]
After a long while … we have a real British voice on the show again! In this episode we have the pleasure to host data journalist Simon Rogers.
Simon has been leading data journalism initiatives at The Guardian for many years and he recently moved to Twitter (with the official role of Data Editor) where he takes care of creating visual stories out of Twitter data.
In the show we talk about his past experience at The Guardian as well as the more recent and exciting developments at Twitter.
- The debate of Gregor & Moritz with Simon on colors (and Simon pissed off by it :))
- Creative tools: CartoDB and DataWrapper
- Twitter Data Blog (where new projects are announced)
- Overview page of Twitter visualizations
- Simon’s post: Data Journalism as Punk [very interesting concept!]
- Simon’s infographics kid books: Animal Kingdom and Human Body